Bowenwork is a manual soft tissue therapy that was developed in Australia. By using light pressure on precise locations throughout the body, it relaxes and encourages the body to return to a more natural state of health and well-being.
Bowenwork has proven to be a highly effective way to allow the body to rebalance and repair itself by addressing the body as a whole and stimulating the body’s autonomic nervous system to rebalance. It is gentle on the body, effective and appropriate for anyone to receive, including newborns, gighly trained athletes, pregnant women and the elderly.
Each person responds differently to a Bowenwork session, according to his or her own body’s need and ability to heal.
Conditions that seem to respond well to Bowenwork include:
What to expect in a session
- You will be asked to wear lightweight, loose fitting clothing that your practitioner can work through
- Your practitioner will take a complete health history and ask about the reason for your visit
- When you receive the work, you will rest on a bodywork table or in a chair, whichever position is more comfortable for you. You can expect to be on the table or in the chair for 20 – 60 minutes.
- When performing the “Bowenwork Moves” your practitioner will place fingers or thumbs on precise points and apply a gentle rolling pressure to the underlying tissue.
- The practitioner may leave the room between moves to allow the body to process and for the client’s ultimate relaxation.
What to expect afterwards
Some changes may be noticeable right away:
- Reduced pain
- Greater range of motion and ease of movement
- A sense of relaxation or well-being
Over the next several days, your body will continue the process begun during your session.
Support for athletes
Clients with acute, work-related or verse injuries often experience partial or full recovery within the first few sessions.
- Shoulder protocol
Clients with more complex injuries will usually experience continued improvement with additional sessions.
Millions worldwide have benefitted from Bowenwork …
You Can Too!
Contact Gisela for a session!
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (810) 813 2310